Wednesday 25 July 2007

This year I'll mainly be .....................


RUNNING!

Technically that should read "for the rest of this year until the end of March 2008" I'll mainly be running. That's because I've decided to run the London Marathon again in 2008.

If you want to be nit-picky I should say PLODDING! and not running. Taking 10 minutes to cover one mile is stretching the concept of running to the limit.

I reckon that if I publish my plans then I'll be shamed into training. It is said that writing down your goal is the first step to attaining it.

At the moment I'm running twice a week, with my "long" run being 45 minutes.

My "sub" goals are to run without stopping and to knock 15 minutes off my last effort and finish in 4h45. My partner, Anthony, will be in training too, for his first ever marathon.

Now I have to get creative about how to raise enough money for a charity place - as I doubt I'll get a place via the lottery.

There! it's in black and white. I'm already scared.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails