Monday 26 November 2007

Like running - but only in summer?


The cold winter nights have drawn in and finding the motivation to maintain cardio-vascular fitness is a struggle. Especially if you're used to jogging or cycling outdoors.

I try and run on the weekends in daylight. However, with massage appointments and social commitments to fit in, it's not always easy. I recently checked out my local Leisure Centre and luckily for me, they have a huge CV area encompassing treadmills, cross-trainers, stationary bikes and rowing machines. So on those cold, damp nights - when wild horses wouldn't be able to drag me onto the streets - I'm planning to head for the warm indoors and get in a CV session in comfort.

Another benefit of the Leisure Centre is that you don't have to be a member to use it. You can pay as you go and the sessions are reasonably priced at between £4-5. So, no need to shell out a monthly membership fee and or sign up for the obligatory one year contract.

Find treadmills boring? Check out this Treadmill Masterclass for some inspiration.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails