Wednesday 16 February 2011

Austerity does not work; don't go there

Very interesting article in The Guardian about how the US can learn lessons from Austerity Britain.  All the more relevant when today the news if full of the pending interest rate hike.

I particularly love the last paragraph of the article:

"The takeaway lesson should be "austerity does not work; don't go there." Unfortunately, in the land of faith-based economics, evidence does not count for much. The UK may pursue a disastrous austerity path and those of us in the United States may still have to follow the same road anyhow. But we opponents of that course all appreciate the willingness of the UK to demonstrate the foolishness of this action"


I do believe I'm going all "political" in my middle age but considering that politics seeps into every facet of our lives and that more are more people are suffering stress due to job cuts and high inflation,  I think politics has a lot to answer for when it comes to the current decline in general wellbeing.  [I've even created a new label called "politics of health and fitness"].

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I liked your blog its nice. Keep it up good work and interesting for me!
Massage Therapy Calgary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails