Thursday 3 March 2011

Dusty was right - Make It Easy On Yourself


I know for a fact that I'm way harder on myself than other people. I've recently decided to stop expecting so much from myself and I'm a LOT happier. You can't do it all and you can't have it all. Simples!

My favourite source for recent research is the New York Times, which says......  " research suggests that giving ourselves a break and accepting our imperfections may be the first step toward better health. People who score high on tests of self-compassion have less depression and anxiety, and tend to be happier and more optimistic. Preliminary data suggest that self-compassion can even influence how much we eat and may help some people lose weight"

Read full article here

4 comments:

Jackie Foster said...

Hello Melanie,

My name is Jackie and I am a writer for OnlineCollege.org. We are working on building up the site to be a valuable and comprehensive resource for people who want to go back to school and find careers that reflect their passions and skills.

I am working on an article about specific career fields and I found your blog, Healthy Body Healthy Mind, while researching massage therapy jobs. I was wondering if you would be able to answer a few quick questions about your work and educational background, experience, and career path in this area to help with the article?

We can conduct the short interview either by phone or e-mail, depending on which is more convenient for you. Over the phone, it should only take about 10 minutes of your time. My email address is jfoster@collegedegrees.com if you prefer to answer the interview questions at your leisure.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thanking You,
Jackie Foster

nuru gel said...

I was wondering if you would be able to answer a few quick questions about your wor

nuru gel said...

Thank you. I was wondering if you would be able to answer a few quick questions about your work and educational background, experience

docsimon said...

hello,
i want to learn about massage.
But can u tell me what is the craniosacral therapy work in massage.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails