Wednesday 26 September 2007

Did you say thank you?


How many times did you complain about something today? How many times did you say "thank you"? I don't necessarily mean to people but to the universe.

Reading a post on The 10 Blog entitled "Positive Interventions - Gratitude" inspired me to find out more about a "movement" which extols the benefits of counting your blessings by regularly writing a Gratitude Diary.

I watched a short video on the blog post, which took me to a site called gratefulness.org, which in turn led me to an article in The Guardian entitled "The Hedonic Treadmill". This article says research has shown that “people who keep regular "gratitude journals" report fewer physical symptoms, more alertness, enthusiasm, determination, attentiveness and energy, more sleep, more exercise and more progress towards personal goals”

I seem to be intuitively finding my way to information which says: take notice of the small things, be grateful for the small things, take pleasure in the small things and most of all be grateful for the intangibles.

I’ve been inspired to make my “Gratitude Diary” part of my weekly blog posts and invite readers to leave comments on what they are grateful for. It could be one thing, 10 things or 100 things. I’m interested to see what the outcome will be.

Go on ....... Give it a go!

1 comment:

DESPERADO said...

we should really be grateful for all we possess and be kind towards those who don't and cheris life.
despo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails