Thursday 26 November 2009

Five Exercises to reduce neck and shoulder pain

Regular readers of my blog know how much I bang on about how incorporating weights into your exercise programme is essential to maintain a good posture and healthy musculature.  Well, I've just found an article in Science Daily which backs up my claims:

"ScienceDaily (Nov. 18, 2009) — Strength training exercises using dumbbells can reduce pain and improve function in the trapezius muscle, the large muscle which extends from the back of the head, down the neck and into the upper back. The exercises also improve the muscle's ability to respond quickly and forcefully among women suffering trapezius myalgia, a tenderness and tightness in the upper trapezius muscle. The results are the latest findings from an ongoing Danish study aimed at reducing repetitive strain injury caused by office work."

To read the full article click here.

To see what the exercises are click here.

6 comments:

Neal Mizushima said...

Awesome information. I'll have to pass this on to my clients (and do the exercises myself too). Thank you.

hiddentiger said...

Thanks for the comment. Glad you're finding the info. useful. What kind of therapies do you do?

Neal Mizushima said...

Oh, I didn't see you had responded. My work usually incorporates myofascial techniques with passive stretching, gymnastics, active pin and stretches, and a lot of neck work. It seems almost everyone has a lot of neck issues, hence my appreciation for your post. Thanks again.

lorrifauver said...

Thanks for your info. I'll have to pass this on to my clients. Thank you.

Health

hiddentiger said...

I'm so glad you're finding my blog a useful source of information. Thanks!

Melanie

Massage Therapy School said...

Thank you so much for sharing this great info with us. I've very enjoyed lot of informational tips.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails